Belkin wireless DHCP problem - 'limited or no connectivity'

been having lots of frustration with this ''limited or no
connectivity'' issue due to failure of DHCP to assign IP to client.
Running XP SP2 WZC service on.

Have tried 2 different Belkin routers, 3 different wireless clients.

WEP/WPA Security and firewalls all off. Router firmware flash update
check says it is up to date.

Connection always ok with wired lan connection to router, but wireless
always gives 'limited or no connectivity'.

If I force the IP, Gateway, and DNS addresses on client to be fixed,
bypassing DHCP, then it works ok.

Is there a bug in the Belkin DHCP scheme?

Is there a bug in XP-SP2 wireless?
1 answer Last reply
More about belkin wireless dhcp problem limited connectivity

    On 10 Sep 2005 13:08:32 -0700, perfb@yahoo.com wrote:

    >been having lots of frustration with this ''limited or no
    >connectivity'' issue due to failure of DHCP to assign IP to client.
    >Running XP SP2 WZC service on.
    >
    >Have tried 2 different Belkin routers, 3 different wireless clients.
    >
    >WEP/WPA Security and firewalls all off. Router firmware flash update
    >check says it is up to date.
    >
    >Connection always ok with wired lan connection to router, but wireless
    >always gives 'limited or no connectivity'.
    >
    >If I force the IP, Gateway, and DNS addresses on client to be fixed,
    >bypassing DHCP, then it works ok.
    >
    >Is there a bug in the Belkin DHCP scheme?
    >
    >Is there a bug in XP-SP2 wireless?

    Do you have encryption enabled? If yes, temporarily disable
    encryption and see if DHCP works. If it does, use a Hex WEP key
    instead of an ASCII WEP key. If that doesn't work, you'll need to
    disclose your unidentified model Belkin router. You might also check
    if you have the latest firmware in the unspecified Belkin router and
    possibly do some testing with a different known working laptop.

    Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
    Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Wireless Connectivity DHCP Belkin Wireless Networking