HP 1350 Printer install problems

I tried installing a new HP 1350 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier.
I have Windows XP Pro installed. The HP printer uses a usb connection. Everytime my computer starts up the installing new hardware wizard begins and begins to recognize the HP Printer. The wizard concludes with an error message that says: " Cannot install this Harware, there was a problem installing this hardware. ONE OF THE FILTER DRIVERS INSTALLED FOR THIS DEVICE IS INVALID". (I had the same problem with using a flash memory stick.)
The printer will not print but will copy and scan.

I have visited HP's support web site and re-installed the latest drivers they have posted but I still have the same problem and error message.
2 answers Last reply
More about 1350 printer install problems

    Did you uninstall it correctly first?
    and
    www.coribright.com

    "gitchi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I tried installing a new HP 1350 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier.
    > I have Windows XP Pro installed. The HP printer uses a usb connection.
    Everytime my computer starts up the installing new hardware wizard begins
    and begins to recognize the HP Printer. The wizard concludes with an error
    message that says: " Cannot install this Harware, there was a problem
    installing this hardware. ONE OF THE FILTER DRIVERS INSTALLED FOR THIS
    DEVICE IS INVALID". (I had the same problem with using a flash memory
    stick.)
    > The printer will not print but will copy and scan.
    >
    > I have visited HP's support web site and re-installed the latest drivers
    they have posted but I still have the same problem and error message.

    The problem seems to be solved.
    Apparently when I was installing the HP 1300 series software and drivers the XP Found New Hardware Wizard came on but the HP software installer would not let it finish and therefore XP has a hard time recognizing the new install fully and everytime XP boots up the "Found New Hardware Wizard" keeps trying to complete the install...

    One HP support document that I read stated that some IBM or HP computers can have problems such as this. I uninstalled the IBMDLA software that came with the machine per a HP support document.

    I uninstalled all remnants of the drivers and software and then re-installed a HP web download of the latest version of drivers and now my HP 1350 all-in-one unit is worker fine and I am not getting the Found New Hardware Wizard on every start up.

Hewlett Packard Printers Windows XP