xAceOfSpades

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
I have a laptop with i3 - 330m and Intel HD Graphics so i set the renderaheadlimit to 0 and dxlevel to 9

now, it doesnt even go in game as soon as it finishes loading the map it crashes
help plz

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I agree , even if you can run battlefield 3 with that dedicated graphics card :??: , it will lag like hell and your laptop may become a toaster , so it's not recommended to play battlefield 3 on a laptop with only a dedicated graphics card,

sorry for that :??:

xAceOfSpades

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012

Lol, shouldn't it be BFBC2, and so it's not recommended to play battlefield BAD company 2 on a laptop with only a dedicated(INTEGRATED) graphics card lol but thanks anyways

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Not that he should try playing BFBC2 on his computer, but you set the render ahead limit to 0 in fps games to eliminate mouse latency (along with disabling vsync, and any d3doverride-triple buffering if the game supports it). This goes for all fps games. One thing to note is that when you buy a game, you need to make sure that your video card in its default configuration is able to run the game at your desired level and speed. If you want to turn render ahead to 0, that increases the minimum threshold for graphics card requirements sometimes by as much as a full tier (depending on the quality of your hardware). Conversely, if you are experiencing single-card micro stutters or hitches, occasionally turning Render.Ahead limit to 5 (up from default 3) will alleviate the issue mostly/entirely.

The dx9 thing is a BFBC2 specific fix that can help the game run faster and some people prefer the look of the game b/c it helps get rid of some of the ridiculous HDR and Bloom, as well as making character models stand out a little more. This is mostly relevant to people with bad computers, or people who are extremely serious about competitive BFBC2.

xAceOfSpades

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012

No, i was just asking if it worked on Laptop. I tried BFBC2 on my Desktop and it worked perfectly in DX11(up to 60 FPS), it CTD's when i set it to DX9 though :/

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

I was answering JollyJay's question. Not your original post. Everyone has already answered that =)

TRENDING THREADS