Lexmark X73 printer and Windows XP Home

I just got a new computer running on XP Home. My Lexmark
X73 all in one was working fine running on Windows ME,
but now it is not. It either prints very slowly or gets a
voice message 'problem communicating with the printer.'
I've downloaded what Lexmark says is the XP compatable
driver, and I've tried the driver that came with the
printer. There is a USB connection that seems to be
working, but not well. Print jobs and scan to print jobs
react the same.
Anybody got any fixes?
1 answer Last reply
More about lexmark printer windows home

    <gch@ggi.ca> posted on 4/21/04 in microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    "Lexmark suggested that I change the print processor to WinPrint and
    set the default data type to NT EMF 1.008
    the world is a much better place. not only are jobs deleted from the
    spool but they also go to the printer faster (because not as large)
    Perhaps I may have gotten to this on my own but I've simply never had
    to deal with print spool issues so I've never investigated processor
    and data types - I can't remember the last time I even looked at these
    settings. Ah well, more wisdom for me I guess."

    I have an X83. I hadn't been able to print for 2 weeks. I opened
    printers and faxes, right-clicked on Lexmark X83, properties, clicked
    the advanced tab, clicked Print Processor, changed the Print Processor
    to WinPrint and tried the default data type NT EMF 1.008: nothing
    happened. That was good because nothing froze, no error messages. So
    I tried 1.007, and again nothing happened when I tried to print a test
    page from the General tab. But oh Boy! When I entered NT EMF 1.006
    and hit print test page from the General tab, this old X83 started
    printing like nobody's biznuss.

    Hope this helps if you're still needing it

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:24:59 -0700, "Larry"

    >I just got a new computer running on XP Home. My Lexmark
    >X73 all in one was working fine running on Windows ME,
    >but now it is not. It either prints very slowly or gets a
    >voice message 'problem communicating with the printer.'
    >I've downloaded what Lexmark says is the XP compatable
    >driver, and I've tried the driver that came with the
    >printer. There is a USB connection that seems to be
    >working, but not well. Print jobs and scan to print jobs
    >react the same.
    >Anybody got any fixes?

Windows XP Lexmark Printers