Shouldn't GTA4 run better on my pc?

rvdman306

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Hi this is my setup. Sorry if this is in wrong section or anything.
1zdrq7c.jpg

35lahwk.jpg

In game it says i have just under 1gb memory so i tried the availiblevidmem2.0 thing and it raised it to almost 2gb but whenever i go to high 900s it will make my fps drop to below 20

I am really new to PC gaming so be easy on me :p. I can play skyrim on max settings using the HD texture packs with no noticable lag 90% of the time

Thanks in advance! If you need ANY more information dont hesitate to ask

Solution
The memory amount GTA IV lists in its graphical options screen is video memory. This is situated on the video card, it cannot be upgraded without buying a new video card, you cannot use system memory to augment it. I believe the GTX 285 didn't come with more than 1GB of video RAM. GTA IV needs close to 1.5GB in order to max it out at 1080p resolution. You'll just have to turn some settings down to keep the video memory usage below 1GB, or you are going to have to go out and buy a newer video card that has more than 1GB of video RAM.
The memory amount GTA IV lists in its graphical options screen is video memory. This is situated on the video card, it cannot be upgraded without buying a new video card, you cannot use system memory to augment it. I believe the GTX 285 didn't come with more than 1GB of video RAM. GTA IV needs close to 1.5GB in order to max it out at 1080p resolution. You'll just have to turn some settings down to keep the video memory usage below 1GB, or you are going to have to go out and buy a newer video card that has more than 1GB of video RAM.

Solution

rvdman306

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

Ok thank you.