Best Celeron to oc @ 100Mhz?

G

Folks,

I have a Tekram P6B40-A4X mobo with PC100 memory. Currently I'm running a PII 300Mhz. I want to upgrade my CPU cheap (Mpeg-4 encoding). Since my mobo has very limited oc capabilities (66.8 - 68.5 - 75 - 83.3 - 100Mhz) and I really don't want to risk losing data on my harddrives, I don't want to mess with the PCI/AGP bus speeds. So I need to make the jump from 66 Mhz straight to 100 Mhz! Luckily my mobo supports 1.3V to 3.5V.

What would be the best Celeron to use? Looks like the 600 Mhz has a high rate of success running at 900Mhz. What about Celerons with higher multipliers? The higher the multiplier the harder to oc?

I do intend to use Artic Silver and a powerfull HSF (Golden orb or ????). Any suggestion on what slot 1 adapter to use.

I would appreciate feedback (I know I need all the help I can get)

G

I think your mobo could have problems with Coppermine based Celerons. I also think that 566 and 600 are the best Celerons for FSB overclocking.

Have you tried overclocking your Pentium II. Some of them are as good for overclocking as the legendary Celeron 300 A, you could just have a try... until you buy the Celeron