EQ2: Need some basic Everfrost help

Made it into Everfrost, but there has to be more to the zone than I
have so far discovered on my own. I got the Icemaiden door, but
nowhere else in that direction. I found the cave in the water, but
there is a major see invis monster called Undertow making me not want
to risk going that way if I don't need to. So what am I missing? How
do I get to the rest of the zone, and to Permafrost, for example?
Thanks for help.
2 answers Last reply
More about basic everfrost help

    friend@home.net wrote:
    > Made it into Everfrost, but there has to be more to the zone than I
    > have so far discovered on my own. I got the Icemaiden door, but
    > nowhere else in that direction. I found the cave in the water, but
    > there is a major see invis monster called Undertow making me not want
    > to risk going that way if I don't need to. So what am I missing?
    How
    > do I get to the rest of the zone, and to Permafrost, for example?
    > Thanks for help.

    The cave with Undertow is the gateway to the rest of the zone. Once
    you are in that cave, just before it opens up where Undertow waits, is
    an ice shelf to the left. That shelf is the base of a ramp that goes
    and curves upwards. You follow that out into another cavern with
    skeletons and ice golems.

    In this new cavern, if you turn left, after a short while (before the
    second set of stairs down) there is a cave on the right. That cave is
    really well hidden (I pass it everytime I wander that way). This cave
    opens up outside.

    This area has some local population/wildlife to kill if you so desire
    (snow leopards are here). To get to Permafrost, you run straight
    across the open plain, baring to the right a little. When to get to
    the other side, turn right and follow the left wall. There is another
    cave there.

    This cave is full of spiders. Follow the cave until it opens up to the
    outside again. Here, you want to turn left and follow the wall for a
    ways until you get to another cave.

    This cave is full of invis-seeing giants. These giants also stun, so
    sprinting is not a bad idea at all. Stay on the main artery of the
    cave (a branch opens to the right, don't take it if you are trying to
    get to Permafrost). The cave will open up to the outside. Turn left
    and go around the outcropping of glacier, and there is the door to
    Permafrost.

    While swimming in Everfrost, watch out for Dreadwake. He is a 42^^^
    Groupx2 that has a huge swimming area. He hit me for over 2400 a shot
    yesterday (killed me a total of four times, twice when we were fighting
    him and twice when I was headed back to Permafrost and he came at me
    from behind). He killed me in less than five seconds on both the hits
    from behind - Evac didn't even have a chance to warm up :P

    Don't die or hit Evac in Permafrost unless you really mean to. It
    drops you back out to the west of the docks in Everfrost. Great
    incentive for staying alive :)

    Thanks for taking the time for such a thorough reply. ( I have already
    encountered Dreadwake, spawning him unwittingly by talking to an NPC
    on one of the icebergs.) The info is much appreciated.

    On 7 Feb 2005 08:42:40 -0800, "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote:

    >friend@home.net wrote:
    >> Made it into Everfrost, but there has to be more to the zone than I
    >> have so far discovered on my own. I got the Icemaiden door, but
    >> nowhere else in that direction. I found the cave in the water, but
    >> there is a major see invis monster called Undertow making me not want
    >> to risk going that way if I don't need to. So what am I missing?
    >How
    >> do I get to the rest of the zone, and to Permafrost, for example?
    >> Thanks for help.
    >
    >The cave with Undertow is the gateway to the rest of the zone. Once
    >you are in that cave, just before it opens up where Undertow waits, is
    >an ice shelf to the left. That shelf is the base of a ramp that goes
    >and curves upwards. You follow that out into another cavern with
    >skeletons and ice golems.
    >
    >In this new cavern, if you turn left, after a short while (before the
    >second set of stairs down) there is a cave on the right. That cave is
    >really well hidden (I pass it everytime I wander that way). This cave
    >opens up outside.
    >
    >This area has some local population/wildlife to kill if you so desire
    >(snow leopards are here). To get to Permafrost, you run straight
    >across the open plain, baring to the right a little. When to get to
    >the other side, turn right and follow the left wall. There is another
    >cave there.
    >
    >This cave is full of spiders. Follow the cave until it opens up to the
    >outside again. Here, you want to turn left and follow the wall for a
    >ways until you get to another cave.
    >
    >This cave is full of invis-seeing giants. These giants also stun, so
    >sprinting is not a bad idea at all. Stay on the main artery of the
    >cave (a branch opens to the right, don't take it if you are trying to
    >get to Permafrost). The cave will open up to the outside. Turn left
    >and go around the outcropping of glacier, and there is the door to
    >Permafrost.
    >
    >While swimming in Everfrost, watch out for Dreadwake. He is a 42^^^
    >Groupx2 that has a huge swimming area. He hit me for over 2400 a shot
    >yesterday (killed me a total of four times, twice when we were fighting
    >him and twice when I was headed back to Permafrost and he came at me
    >from behind). He killed me in less than five seconds on both the hits
    >from behind - Evac didn't even have a chance to warm up :P
    >
    >Don't die or hit Evac in Permafrost unless you really mean to. It
    >drops you back out to the west of the docks in Everfrost. Great
    >incentive for staying alive :)

Games Basic Video Games