  • Basic
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 7, 2005 8:09:00 AM

Made it into Everfrost, but there has to be more to the zone than I
have so far discovered on my own. I got the Icemaiden door, but
nowhere else in that direction. I found the cave in the water, but
there is a major see invis monster called Undertow making me not want
to risk going that way if I don't need to. So what am I missing? How
do I get to the rest of the zone, and to Permafrost, for example?
Thanks for help.

More about : eq2 basic everfrost

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:42:40 AM

friend@home.net wrote:
> Made it into Everfrost, but there has to be more to the zone than I
> have so far discovered on my own. I got the Icemaiden door, but
> nowhere else in that direction. I found the cave in the water, but
> there is a major see invis monster called Undertow making me not want
> to risk going that way if I don't need to. So what am I missing?
How
> do I get to the rest of the zone, and to Permafrost, for example?
> Thanks for help.

The cave with Undertow is the gateway to the rest of the zone. Once
you are in that cave, just before it opens up where Undertow waits, is
an ice shelf to the left. That shelf is the base of a ramp that goes
and curves upwards. You follow that out into another cavern with
skeletons and ice golems.

In this new cavern, if you turn left, after a short while (before the
second set of stairs down) there is a cave on the right. That cave is
really well hidden (I pass it everytime I wander that way). This cave
opens up outside.

This area has some local population/wildlife to kill if you so desire
(snow leopards are here). To get to Permafrost, you run straight
across the open plain, baring to the right a little. When to get to
the other side, turn right and follow the left wall. There is another
cave there.

This cave is full of spiders. Follow the cave until it opens up to the
outside again. Here, you want to turn left and follow the wall for a
ways until you get to another cave.

This cave is full of invis-seeing giants. These giants also stun, so
sprinting is not a bad idea at all. Stay on the main artery of the
cave (a branch opens to the right, don't take it if you are trying to
get to Permafrost). The cave will open up to the outside. Turn left
and go around the outcropping of glacier, and there is the door to
Permafrost.

While swimming in Everfrost, watch out for Dreadwake. He is a 42^^^
Groupx2 that has a huge swimming area. He hit me for over 2400 a shot
yesterday (killed me a total of four times, twice when we were fighting
him and twice when I was headed back to Permafrost and he came at me
from behind). He killed me in less than five seconds on both the hits
from behind - Evac didn't even have a chance to warm up :p

Don't die or hit Evac in Permafrost unless you really mean to. It
drops you back out to the west of the docks in Everfrost. Great
incentive for staying alive :)
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 1:41:28 AM

Thanks for taking the time for such a thorough reply. ( I have already
encountered Dreadwake, spawning him unwittingly by talking to an NPC
on one of the icebergs.) The info is much appreciated.

!