Print Screen

April 19, 2004 2:36:55 PM

Hi. I'm out of town helping a friend and need to print a
list of docs in a folder. The list is long (200 items,
give or take) and the docs are very long. I don't want to
risk printing the entire contents of the folder (e.g., by
using Ctl+A, Ctl+C and pasting into a doc?). We tried
Alt+prtscn to get the list (we were in My Computer at the
time), no luck; tried just prtscrn, no luck. Are we in the
wrong "portion" of XP? Surely there's a way to do this.
Could you please send the answer via e-mail, since my
connection is via modem and chronically slow. Thanks so
much.

More about : print screen

April 19, 2004 6:26:49 PM

Hi GH,

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:36:55 -0700, "GH" <commdocdu@aol.com> wrote:

>Hi. I'm out of town helping a friend and need to print a
>list of docs in a folder. The list is long (200 items,
>give or take) and the docs are very long.

[...]

You can print a list by opening a command prompt
(Start > Run > cmd), navigating to the folder in question through the
command cd and cd..
and typing
dir *.* /s > listdoc.txt

This will create a list of all documents and subfolders in the folder
and you can then open it through notepad or word, modify it if you
want to and print it.

Good luck
!