Hi. I'm out of town helping a friend and need to print a
list of docs in a folder. The list is long (200 items,
give or take) and the docs are very long. I don't want to
risk printing the entire contents of the folder (e.g., by
using Ctl+A, Ctl+C and pasting into a doc?). We tried
Alt+prtscn to get the list (we were in My Computer at the
time), no luck; tried just prtscrn, no luck. Are we in the
wrong "portion" of XP? Surely there's a way to do this.
Could you please send the answer via e-mail, since my
connection is via modem and chronically slow. Thanks so
much.

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi GH,

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:36:55 -0700, "GH" <commdocdu@aol.com> wrote:

>Hi. I'm out of town helping a friend and need to print a
>list of docs in a folder. The list is long (200 items,
>give or take) and the docs are very long.

[...]

You can print a list by opening a command prompt
(Start > Run > cmd), navigating to the folder in question through the
command cd and cd..
and typing
dir *.* /s > listdoc.txt

This will create a list of all documents and subfolders in the folder
and you can then open it through notepad or word, modify it if you
want to and print it.

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS