I have just configured my windows program to send a fax.
It says that I have no dial tone. I am on highspeed. Is
there something different I must do?

You cannot fax on highspeed [cable/dsl]. Fax uses a anolog modem and phone
line to dial out.
If you on DSL, sometimes you can get a filter to put in line from your DSL
supplier to get fax to work.

"sheri smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just configured my windows program to send a fax.
> It says that I have no dial tone. I am on highspeed. Is
> there something different I must do?

Adi

What do you think with high speed (ADSL etc.) or something other.
advo@siol.net

"sheri smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> je napisal v sporocilo
news:122b01c42642$f45f9ba0$a401280a@phx.gbl ...
> I have just configured my windows program to send a fax.
> It says that I have no dial tone. I am on highspeed. Is
> there something different I must do?

I use my old dialup modem, USRobotics 56K external and works fine, no
problem.

"Victor D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> You cannot fax on highspeed [cable/dsl]. Fax uses a anolog modem and
phone
> line to dial out.
> If you on DSL, sometimes you can get a filter to put in line from your DSL
> supplier to get fax to work.
>
> "sheri smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have just configured my windows program to send a fax.
> > It says that I have no dial tone. I am on highspeed. Is
> > there something different I must do?

dotcom

i have a line filter on my computer, but i received the same message stated that no dial tone, what is wrong with my fax, please let me know what to do!

"dotcom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have a line filter on my computer, but i received the same
>message stated that no dial tone, what is wrong with my fax, please
>let me know what to do!

If you receive your DSL service from other than your local telephone
company, voice service is not included on the DSL line. You will
have to run a telephone line to a wall jack which has voice service.
A filter may not be necessary if there is no DSL on that wire pair.

--
Earl F. Parrish