BOB1901

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004
I can't use mouse or keyboard (KB) in safe mode.Cant shut computer down,except with on-off switch.XP Pro loads and I get screen with icons,ZA,NAV loads but no KB or mouse.Can I get back in to restore through CMD or dos.I tried to enable usb mouse in setup but that won't work either.KB will work in setup to limit of useing in setup (y key,return) If not that any suggestions

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Check in the bios setup for something like USB Legacy Devices (or something like that) and make sure its enabled.

Do you have an old PS/2 keyboard and/or mouse you can try?

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

BOB1901

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004
I have tried another mouse (p2) and it didnt work.As stated before I went into Bios (setup) and enabled usb mouse and that didnt work.The funny part is I can access the files from my laptop but cant use KB or mouse from desktop.If I try the KB in setup or a boot disk (to get to A:)I can use some of the keys on KB.I had used Partition Magic to make a copy about 9 months ago of my C drive.It is hidden in another h/d on system but PM wont run to unhide the partition.If I can unhide partitionXP will boot to bth O/S and I can pick one to run. Any ideas welcome.

Did you have the computer off when you plugged in the PS/2 mouse? A lot of the time, you have to have the computer turned off before you connect a PS/2 mouse... then power it back on once the mouse is plugged in.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>