Printing from DOS under windows XP

I need to install a printer under windows XP, the problem
is that the printer is connected to a jet direct... can't
assign a port to it... how is this possible... to install
the printer assign a lptx.... port.. and then be able to
print from DOS program....

anyone has and idea... what I want is easy to do under
win98, but i've tried... and haven't found any answer on
how to do it under winXP

Thx in advance

dave mendoza
davemendoza@hotmail.com