XP printer drivers & Error 1260

Windows(?) error message reads during startup:
Error encountered attempting to connect to network
printer \\server-name\printer-name
Error 1260. Cannot open program - prevented by software
restriction policy.
There is no entry in the Event Viewer.
I suspect the problem might be that Win XP Pro is trying
to access a non-XP compat. LaserJet driver? If so, can
anyone tell me how to point XP-based workstations to the
correct driver, in a mixed NT/XP environment? Thanks, in
anticipation.....

More likely to be a permissions error on the Server.... the XP PC does not
have the correct permissions to use the printer software.

Cari
www.coribright.com