Should I change I/O settings ?

G

Question: Should I change I/O Vol. Settings on the motherboard from 3.56 to 3.69. As of now, it is at default settings. I've overclocked my Duron650 to 800 but I can't go any higher. Do you think changeing the I/O Voltage will help. The manual says that it is not recommended to change it because it might decrease life of components. I do not care about processor because it is inexpensive, however, I'd not like to see my ATI Radeon 64DDR to get damaged because of the increase voltage. Does this really decrease life expectancy of computer components ? Is it possible for processor to get damaged right all way after bumping up voltage ?

G

The I/O Voltage will really just help more with stability, but if the computer will not boot past 800mhz, than the I/O voltage is not the problem. You just may have a CPU that cannot go further than that. What do you have the CORE voltage at? 1.85V? Less? I have seen most Duron's reach the 950mhz range, but if you know how to read the code on the CORE on the CPU, you may have a very early production Duron. Let us know.