laura

How can I see the levels of remaining ink in my printer
when using XP? With previous versions the bar chart
appeared automatically when you pressed print, as ink is
expensive I need to know which cartridge to replace.
Thanx (I have an Epson 830)

Hi

Try here for the 830 Status Monitor. The link will automatically start the download:

ftp://ftp.epson-europe.com/pub/drivers/inkjet/sp830/en/sp830_stm3_3.0a_en..exe

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:210301c42790$521135d0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
| How can I see the levels of remaining ink in my printer
| when using XP? With previous versions the bar chart
| appeared automatically when you pressed print, as ink is
| expensive I need to know which cartridge to replace.
| Thanx (I have an Epson 830)

---

laura wrote:
> How can I see the levels of remaining ink in my printer
> when using XP? With previous versions the bar chart
> appeared automatically when you pressed print, as ink is
> expensive I need to know which cartridge to replace.
> Thanx (I have an Epson 830)

The status monitor has absolutely nothing to do with Windows - it is a
feature of your printer's driver. Will has found a link for you.