Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I have an XP Pro system I'm using to print over LPR to a big Ricoh machine. When I print a large number of documents it starts off fine, but after 4 or 5 documents it pauses for a minute then continues. From then on it prints a couple, then pauses, then continues. It never stops, and the print ends up completing, but I wondered if anyone knew what might be causing this pausing and where I should start looking to fix it.
Thanks,
Chris

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;179156

--
Tony Edgecombe
www.frogmorecs.com/ng

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an XP Pro system I'm using to print over LPR to a big Ricoh
machine. When I print a large number of documents it starts off fine, but
after 4 or 5 documents it pauses for a minute then continues. From then on
it prints a couple, then pauses, then continues. It never stops, and the
print ends up completing, but I wondered if anyone knew what might be
causing this pausing and where I should start looking to fix it.
> Thanks,
> Chris

I love dusty old KBs. It's nostalgic

--