Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Xbox 360 emulator

Last response: in Video Games
April 1, 2012 2:47:55 AM

So I've seen alot of sights that say an emulator does exist and some sights that say it's impossible. I just really want to play Xbox 360 games on my pc and I don't care how. It doesn't have to be an emulator it just has to run the Xbox games.

Also pleas don't comment about the system requirements. I have a beefy computer. I also don't understand why some people say that the Xbox is to powerful to emulate because it has 3 cores and a power pc CPU, which most computer have quad cores and I think apple has a power pc emulator for its older power pc apps.

One more thing, is it possible to run Xbox360 games on the older Xbox emulators because there are a few sights that suggest that?

More about : xbox 360 emulator

April 1, 2012 3:32:00 AM

I don't think that it's impossible but I have never seen an Xbox 360 emulator. Since this treads dangerously close to forbidden territory, I'll assume you mean that you want to play retail Xbox360 games that you already own in physical form, on your PC. Right?
Score
April 1, 2012 4:18:35 AM

There are such things as ports from the 360...such as Ninja Blade. I too wonder about playing 360 games on my PC since i know ports exist.
Score
Related resources
April 1, 2012 1:27:17 PM

casualcolors said:
I don't think that it's impossible but I have never seen an Xbox 360 emulator. Since this treads dangerously close to forbidden territory, I'll assume you mean that you want to play retail Xbox360 games that you already own in physical form, on your PC. Right?

Ya, I have a few retail Xbox 360 cd's that I would like to play on my pc
Score
April 2, 2012 6:09:47 PM

I think they also said that emulating the PS2 is impossible. The emulators for that aren't perfect, but they work.

As far as I know, there is no X360 emulator available, but in the future perhaps.
Score
April 23, 2012 7:42:10 PM

An Xbox 360 emulator absolutely does not exist. They made 2 original xbox emulators and they can each only play one game. A 360 emulator would require an amount of resources that would make your "beefy" computer start smoking just thinking about. Your computer was designed for windows and such while consoles are designed from the ground up to do one thing, play games. No matter how great your computer is it can't emulate pixel shaders, audio chips, texture filters, blah blah blah tons of other complicated tasks on top of your normal sworkload. Not only that, but to emulate in high res is even more taxing. IF it ever happened its at the very least 10 years off I would guess. The highest gen emulator right now is dolphin that emulates GameCube and wii
Score
April 24, 2012 12:05:24 AM

I have built a fiber optics server cluster. Just curious if it could run on that cuz i just want to try it.
Score

Best solution

April 24, 2012 12:33:26 AM

It's hard to judge but the biggest issue for you right would be that it doesn't exist. And it's not going to program itself. That's prob a couple years worth of work to get something working
April 24, 2012 1:54:37 PM

Eeee569 said:
I have built a fiber optics server cluster. Just curious if it could run on that cuz i just want to try it.

At least we know you aren't CPU bottlenecked. I think you might be GPU bottlenecked, however.
Score
May 1, 2012 3:35:50 PM

I guess I wont be emulating a xbox anytime soon, although windows8 is suppose to support streaming games between a xbox and a computer. If this is true then I think I wont have any need for a emulator.
Score
May 1, 2012 3:38:07 PM

Best answer selected by Eeee569.
Score
September 16, 2012 9:31:12 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!