Printer share name duplicate?

April 21, 2004 9:46:02 PM

Hi all! I am trying to rename a printer share name on a small business network. However, it says that name already exists. But I dont see that printer share name anywhere on the network. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marc
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 5:26:14 PM

If you are renaming a print share to replace a previous shared printer
(that is no longer shared) , the spooler keeps the old share information
stored internally in case you would like to share the printer again.

Change the sharename for the first printer, then change the sharename of the
printer you are configuring to replace the first printer to the share name
you need. Then unshare the first printer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

!