Printer share name duplicate?

Hi all! I am trying to rename a printer share name on a small business network. However, it says that name already exists. But I dont see that printer share name anywhere on the network. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marc
1 answer Last reply
More about printer share duplicate

    If you are renaming a print share to replace a previous shared printer
    (that is no longer shared) , the spooler keeps the old share information
    stored internally in case you would like to share the printer again.

    Change the sharename for the first printer, then change the sharename of the
    printer you are configuring to replace the first printer to the share name
    you need. Then unshare the first printer.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Marc" <m_rosen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all! I am trying to rename a printer share name on a small business
    network. However, it says that name already exists. But I dont see that
    printer share name anywhere on the network. Any ideas?

    > Thanks,
    > Marc

Fax Microsoft Printers Windows XP