Xerox DocuPrint P8 printer to work with Windows XP Home Ed..

I've tried everything, updating drivers, downloading drivers, trouble shooting, try to find different little diagnostic tool etc...
Please help me. I am at a complete loss for how else I should get this printer to work. Again it is the Xerox DocuPrint P8 printer to successfully install on my pc with windows xp home edition sp1.

Uninstall and then reinstall following the instructions at:

New drivers are at the Xerox website at
http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=P8&Xlang=en_US&Xcntry=USA

Cari
www.coribright.com

"tired" <shilburn81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've tried everything, updating drivers, downloading drivers, trouble
> shooting, try to find different little diagnostic tool etc...
> Please help me. I am at a complete loss for how else I should get this
> printer to work. Again it is the Xerox DocuPrint P8 printer to
> successfully install on my pc with windows xp home edition sp1.

Completely unninstalling and reinstalling the drivers doesn't solve the
communications problem for this printer. I have a DocuPrint M940, and I've
figured out the solution for mine, but it seems like that problem affects
your printer as well. What you want to do is replace the USB Printing
Support driver with Xerox's own driver for your printer device. The
installer doesn't do that by itself for some reason. In Device Manager,
right-click on USB Printing Support, and choose Update Driver. Tell it that
you will choose the driver to install. Click Have Disk... . Navigate to your
Windows\System32 directory, click OK. It should find the appropriate INF
file for your printer there. I don't know what the name of the INF file for
your printer is, but for the M940 it is x940usb.inf. Continue installing the
driver. Hope this works.
__
Alex
pcalex (at) hotpop.com

"tired" <shilburn81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've tried everything, updating drivers, downloading drivers, trouble
shooting, try to find different little diagnostic tool etc...
> Please help me. I am at a complete loss for how else I should get this
printer to work. Again it is the Xerox DocuPrint P8 printer to successfully
install on my pc with windows xp home edition sp1.

Wait, I just realized that the DocuPrint P8 is a parallel port printer. So
never mind then.
__
Alex
pcalex (at) hotpop.com