Xerox DocuPrint P8 printer to work with Windows XP Home Ed..

I've tried everything, updating drivers, downloading drivers, trouble shooting, try to find different little diagnostic tool etc...
Please help me. I am at a complete loss for how else I should get this printer to work. Again it is the Xerox DocuPrint P8 printer to successfully install on my pc with windows xp home edition sp1.
3 answers Last reply
More about xerox docuprint printer work windows home

    Uninstall and then reinstall following the instructions at:

    New drivers are at the Xerox website at
    http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=P8&Xlang=en_US&Xcntry=USA

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "tired" <shilburn81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've tried everything, updating drivers, downloading drivers, trouble
    > shooting, try to find different little diagnostic tool etc...
    > Please help me. I am at a complete loss for how else I should get this
    > printer to work. Again it is the Xerox DocuPrint P8 printer to
    > successfully install on my pc with windows xp home edition sp1.

    Completely unninstalling and reinstalling the drivers doesn't solve the
    communications problem for this printer. I have a DocuPrint M940, and I've
    figured out the solution for mine, but it seems like that problem affects
    your printer as well. What you want to do is replace the USB Printing
    Support driver with Xerox's own driver for your printer device. The
    installer doesn't do that by itself for some reason. In Device Manager,
    right-click on USB Printing Support, and choose Update Driver. Tell it that
    you will choose the driver to install. Click Have Disk... . Navigate to your
    Windows\System32 directory, click OK. It should find the appropriate INF
    file for your printer there. I don't know what the name of the INF file for
    your printer is, but for the M940 it is x940usb.inf. Continue installing the
    driver. Hope this works.
    __
    Alex
    pcalex (at) hotpop.com

    "tired" <shilburn81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've tried everything, updating drivers, downloading drivers, trouble
    shooting, try to find different little diagnostic tool etc...
    > Please help me. I am at a complete loss for how else I should get this
    printer to work. Again it is the Xerox DocuPrint P8 printer to successfully
    install on my pc with windows xp home edition sp1.

    Wait, I just realized that the DocuPrint P8 is a parallel port printer. So
    never mind then.
    __
    Alex
    pcalex (at) hotpop.com

    "Alex R" <pcalex@REMOVETHIS.hotpop.com> wrote in message
    > Completely unninstalling and reinstalling the drivers doesn't solve the
    > communications problem for this printer. I have a DocuPrint M940, and I've
    > figured out the solution for mine, but it seems like that problem affects
    > your printer as well. What you want to do is replace the USB Printing
    > Support driver with Xerox's own driver for your printer device. The
    > installer doesn't do that by itself for some reason. In Device Manager,
    > right-click on USB Printing Support, and choose Update Driver. Tell it
    that
    > you will choose the driver to install. Click Have Disk... . Navigate to
    your
    > Windows\System32 directory, click OK. It should find the appropriate INF
    > file for your printer there. I don't know what the name of the INF file
    for
    > your printer is, but for the M940 it is x940usb.inf. Continue installing
    the
    > driver. Hope this works.
    > __
    > Alex
    > pcalex (at) hotpop.com
    >

    > "tired" <shilburn81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I've tried everything, updating drivers, downloading drivers, trouble
    > shooting, try to find different little diagnostic tool etc...
    > > Please help me. I am at a complete loss for how else I should get this
    > printer to work. Again it is the Xerox DocuPrint P8 printer to
    successfully
    > install on my pc with windows xp home edition sp1.

Docuprint Drivers Printers Xerox Windows XP