Problem when leaving PC on overnight...

5aq1b

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
I have recently installed Windows 7. It's a new install therefore has zero 'junk' installed if thats what you wish to call it. I usually leave my PC switched on at night to download links using Internet Download Manager. What's been happening since i installed Windows 7 is that half of the links will download and the rest will have stalled.

When i get up in the morning, I try to open Firefox and it says:

" insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

I try to shut down and that doesn't happen either so I have to perform a forced reboot.

Any idea why this would be happening?

5aq1b

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
4GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
1 x 160GB Seagate Barracuda HD
1 x 320GB Seagate Barracuda HD
1 x 320GB Western Digital HD
Asus M2N-E Socket AM2 NF570 ULTRA mobo
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard
XFX GeForce 7300LE Turbo Cache 64MB PCI-E
Seasonic S12 430W ATX2.0 PSU

I've encountered this a bit myself after leaving it on for a day or two. I've noticed that svchost starts to eat up a majority of the RAM after awhile. For instance, I have 8GB, yet I've seen it creep up to 6.1GB USED after leaving it on for awhile. My theory is that there is a memory leak somewhere in a program I'm using or within windows itself.

Next time it happens, open up the resource monitor and see how much RAM W7 (I assume RC1) is using, specifically svchost. That should give you your answer either way of what is doing it.

magnumfinger

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009

This type of problem before on installing my vista ultimate. it halted midway and says "insufficient resources" it's not about my ram.

but my effin internet connection. the downloading didn't finished and firefox thought "it was insufficient resources" that's why it didn't push through

try re-downloading your installer with a fresh one.

and I recommend you download the whole pack from torrent sites (high seeds of course) than downloading it on a "live-connection".

5aq1b

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006

sorry i dont get what u mean?

magnumfinger

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
oups.. okay to rewrite the sentence.

the problem I have was almost the same as yours.

I solve it not on technicality but just redownloading the windows 7 pack.

Firefox sometimes think that an incomplete download means "insufficient resources".

if this don't work. I recommend that you download a complete windows 7 installer suite on torrent sites if your country is permitted. checked mininova.org

hope this helps :D