emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you can help me with this problem.

So I'm slowly configuring my new system how I want it, and now I'm at the point where I have multiple partitions & multiple OS's, which means dealing with boot-loaders now. Made myself two XP installations, then did a Fedora Core 4 installation last. So Grub is the first boot-loader that happens, then interestingly, when it goes and loads up the main XP partition, XP's bootloader also kicks in and asks me which of the two XP partitions to boot.

That doesn't bother me. What does is the fact that my USB keyboard (Logitech Cordless MX Duo) has no control in the bootloaders, so I can't actually select which OS to load without switching to a USB keyboard.

Anyone know how I can fix this up (in both GRUB and the windows Bootloader).

PS, My motherboard is a DFI Lanparty UT SLI-D. The keyboard controls the BIOS fine when running of the USB line (though is doesn't work when I tell the BIOS to boot to Memtest86...)

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Nevermind guys. Managed to hit a miracle forum post with google that suggested the USB keyboard support option in the BIOS should be enabled. Finally found out one option for it.

As a secondary to this: anyone know how to turn the Wake ON HotKey option on? I've been trying off and on, and havne't had any success. Will it actually boot a powered off machine, or only one that's been put into sleep mode?

Me thinks just a sleep mode state machine, but I'd be interested to know if you find out otherwise.

</font color=red><b><font color=red>■ ■ <font color=blue>■ ■ <font color=orange>■ ■ <font color=green>■ Dirty Little Sausage ■ </font color=green>■ ■ </font color=orange>■ ■ </font color=blue>■ ■</font color=red>

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
I've been using a Wake-On hotkey for four years now with a Giga-Byte mobo. On my completely turned off machine, I hit one "hot" key on my kb and the comp springs to life; it's great.

If you have it, it's in the BIOS to be enabled. Check your mobo literature. Also dependent on whether the power supply supports "Stand-By" current. Most do.

Look for something like "Keyboard Power On" (mine is in Integrated Peripherals). You may have to enable a physical switch on your mobo first to see the option in the BIOS.

Again, check your mobo literature. It's a great feature, so it won't be hard to find; the manu will be proud that it's offered.