Closed Solved

Driver for CanoScan LIDE 30 for Windows 7 64bit

Sometimes people find work-arounds for problems like this, that there is no driver support for CanoScan LIDE 30 for Windows 7 64bit. So, I'm asking here if anyone has found one.
31 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about driver canoscan lide windows 64bit
  1. Thank you!
  2. There are no Vista 64 drivers to try. The unit does not work with 64 bit Vista. Have one.
  3. badge said:
    There are no Vista 64 drivers to try. The unit does not work with 64 bit Vista. Have one.

They were listed by Canon on the link I gave him, otherwise I wouldn't have posted the link.
  4. There are no 64 bit drivers on the link. The unit does not have 64 bit drivers. I own the scanner for many years.
  5. Some forums are saying this App works with the lide 30 and 64bit OS's. I may give it a try.

http://www.hamrick.com/
  6. badge said:
    There are no 64 bit drivers on the link. The unit does not have 64 bit drivers. I own the scanner for many years.

You are not looking properly.
    Go to select OS, when you get the drop down list, scroll down on the red arrowon the right of the os selection, past Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS9, second last item is Vista 64 bit last one is XP 64 bit
  7. There is no 64 driver available there.
  8. I get you now, it's listed in the menu but doesn't exist, I didn't try to download before. Why the heck would you list the 64 bit then not have anything there.
  9. I bought a new canon scanner last year to run on the win 7 64 systems we have. It has been a while, but I seem to remember trying everything to get my lide 30 to work on Vista 64 unsucessfully. The canon models just above the 30 have 64 drivers/software. Later I wiill try the scan App I posted. Just installed an XP mode VM on that computer last night. I'll try it out too.
  10. This software works with Canon lide 30 and Windows 7 64.

Update. The software is not freeware.
  11. The Canon lide 30 will not install on a Windows 7 64 XP mode VM using canon XP drivers from the support page website..
  12. I had the lide 35 - same story - Cannon whould not publish a 64 Bit Win 7 driver. Would have been simple, but they opted for profit over costumer. There were some discussions/threads on using the lide 60 drivers. I did get that to work, but would get error message saying incorrect driver even though it would work.
  13. 'Vuescan' works with the lide 30 on Windows 7 64, but it costs $39 a year or $79 unlimited use. I bought a real nice Canon scanner for $59 or so last year to replace the lide 30. Yeah, I'll remember Canon's fail when I go to buy another of their printers which we are shopping for.

Note lide 30 xp drivers would not install on Win 7 64 XP mode VM.
  14. Yea, I ended up getting the lide 100 (may have been the 200) at work so not sure.
  15. Got lide 100. Good so far.
  16. Thanks for all the information, although I'm more confused than ever. :lol: I will try something, don't know what yet.
  17. There are no 64 bit drivers for the Lide 30 Canon scanner. It will not work on 64 bit OS's. Unless you want to pay for the one I listed. You can buy a new scanner for that much.
  18. Cryshal said:
    Sometimes people find work-arounds for problems like this, that there is no driver support for CanoScan LIDE 30 for Windows 7 64bit. So, I'm asking here if anyone has found one.

Download the free evaluation copy of Vuescan from their website, this will install windows 7 64 bit drivers.
    you should be able to use your canoscan software after you do that.

here is the link.

19. denngray said:
    Download the free evaluation copy of Vuescan from their website, this will install windows 7 64 bit drivers.
    you should be able to use your canoscan software after you do that.

here is the link.

The trial version leaves a watermark. The software must be purchased to use it even once.
  20. Best answer selected by Cryshal.
  21. My best answer came from Badge. I'm sure I chose that, or thought I did. Thanks for all replies.
  22. And there is still NO drivers for Windows 7 and Canon Lide 30 !

This is silly for the manifactures not to support their products with the newest drivers.

Please write here if you realy find a correct driver.
  23. Canon has released a plethra of new model scanners since lide 30. Don't be so naive to expect hardware like the lide 30 which was released during the Windows XP era to have Windows 7 drivers.
  24. tifoz said:
    And there is still NO drivers for Windows 7 and Canon Lide 30 !

This is silly for the manifactures not to support their products with the newest drivers.

Please write here if you realy find a correct driver.

Thats what a torrent site otherwise know as P2P site is really for. I bought my LIDE 30 5 years ago and it still works great so I'm not complaining about the product. But To expect me to spend anymore money on it just to get it to work on my new computer is out of the question. So instead of spending the $30 to $60 on the Hamrick program just to use it 1 time to get one thing to work I don't suggest you download it for free and if you have any concerns about that and do you should send them an annyomous donation for around $2 for the one thing you needed the program for then delete it. For example, if I wanted to do this I might go to downloads.com and search for Utorrent, download and install the program then I guess I would go to google and start typing in piratebay.org then go to the site and search for oh I dont know maybe VueScan or to be randomly more specific "Hamrick.VueScan.Pro.v8.5+key.rar", download the torrent, then double click and let Utorrent open it and start the download. All this could take a huge amount of time like a full 10 minutes so if you don't have that kind of time I would just throw the scanner away. One more thing to note, this process becomes highly addictive and is considered to be morally wrong so dont search for anything else on pirate bay such as full seasons of Dexter, Sopranos, all Pixar movies, photoshop CS5, autotunes, PC games, or anything like that.
  25. nothnless said:
    Thats what a torrent site otherwise know as P2P site is really for. I bought my LIDE 30 5 years ago and it still works great so I'm not complaining about the product. But To expect me to spend anymore money on it just to get it to work on my new computer is out of the question. So instead of spending the $30 to $60 on the Hamrick program just to use it 1 time to get one thing to work I don't suggest you download it for free and if you have any concerns about that and do you should send them an annyomous donation for around $2 for the one thing you needed the program for then delete it. For example, if I wanted to do this I might go to downloads.com and search for Utorrent, download and install the program then I guess I would go to google and start typing in piratebay.org then go to the site and search for oh I dont know maybe VueScan or to be randomly more specific "Hamrick.VueScan.Pro.v8.5+key.rar", download the torrent, then double click and let Utorrent open it and start the download. All this could take a huge amount of time like a full 10 minutes so if you don't have that kind of time I would just throw the scanner away. One more thing to note, this process becomes highly addictive and is considered to be morally wrong so dont search for anything else on pirate bay such as full seasons of Dexter, Sopranos, all Pixar movies, photoshop CS5, autotunes, PC games, or anything like that.

That was one giant cough for mankind.
  26. Best answer
    Hi all.

I got my canoscan lide30 working on windows7 64 bit by installing the xp mode virtual machine. Then running the xp virtual machine and installing the canoscan drivers into the virtual drive as you normally would with xp. Then when you want to use it, boot into xp, and from the small menu at the top, choose usb, and then attach the canoscan device. Now open up your canon scanning software from within the virtual xp and scan away. Worked for me.
  27. Great JOB !
  28. Best answer selected by area51reopened.
  29. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Support