So...To close those bridges?

G

Do I use a dot of siver conductive pen or pencil? Any special pencil (Tom says HB lead)? Never heard of "hb" lead so where do I get one? Which is easier and safer choice?

Thanx

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I prefer to stay away from the conductive pen because it is permanent so if you make a mistake you are SOL.
Get a 0.5mm pencil and if you make a mistake just use the eraser to erase it.
:smile:

G

Dig it.... go to Office Depot (or Office Max, etc...) and pick up a Pentel mechanical pencil and a package of replacement lead. Make sure that replacement lead says HB (not 3B, or something else.) Make sure that the Pencil has a eraser, to clean up the first 4 attempts at unlocking the chip. Also GET A MAGNIFYING GLASS!!!!!!!!!! Breathe deep, have plenty of light, and try not to shake too much. Once you look at the L1 leads, you'll realize that they are much smaller than they appear in the pictures posted on websites. This is not a difficult procedure, just an intricate one. You'll be fine.

G

Thanks but I got lucky and found one that was unlocked instead. It seems much better than doing it yourself with lead- I'm at 1.41 with stock voltage and want to go HIGHER! I feel the rush!

G

I was told by a supplier of CPU's that they use REAR WINDOW DEFROST REPAIR KITS found at automotive stores. Its a liquid and they applie it with a paper clip. It is great conductor (unlike pencil lead) and is easy to applie. Have any of you tried this??

G

Good advice Denver. But you forgot to tell him about one of the best overclocking tools. Booze. It takes away any doubts or fears of overclocking, and allows you to do so with supreme confidence.

Tom Mc

Even a fool, when he remains silent, appears wise.

G

Hehe. I just realized that I forgot to indicate that I was just joking about the booze.

Actually, I was only half-joking. I really couldn't connect the lines until I had a little bit to drink. Of course for most people its probably the other way around. But for me though, I find that my hands usually shake unless I drink booze.

Tom Mc

G

Um... I didn't quite mean that the way it sounds either.
I have a medical condition.
Honest.

Tom Mc

G

You can roughly say that pencils as such are divided into 3 categories: plain, artist and drafting. The markings designate the hardness/softness of the graphite used. A plain pencil would be marked with a number 1...4, one being the softest. Artist pencils have designations from 8B to F, 8B being the softest. Drafting pencils are HB, the softest to 10H the hardest.

Thus the pencil suitable for the task is the softest drafting pencil available - soft enough not to damage the surface, yet hard enough not to smear and/or wear off.

G

I was able to pick up a set of two HB Drawing pencils for $1.49 at Aaron Bros. art supply stores. They came in a two pack. I expected them to be much more expensive.

-Kevin

TRENDING THREADS