black ink wont work in printing

i have a canon s300 and I have found lately that the black ink cartridge wont print, I then proceeded to change it to a new one.. but again that would not print I then went into print management & did a coplete clean up, I then did the test patterns & again there was no black print ... can you give me any idea's as to why this is happening ....I have had the printer for about 3 years...
thank you minime
1 answer Last reply
More about black wont work printing

    Sounds like you need a new printhead. Part number is QY6-0037 One on EBay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3475158538&category=14301

    at a good price!

    www.coribright.com

    "minime" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have a canon s300 and I have found lately that the black ink cartridge
    wont print, I then proceeded to change it to a new one.. but again that
    would not print I then went into print management & did a coplete clean up,
    I then did the test patterns & again there was no black print ... can you
    give me any idea's as to why this is happening ....I have had the printer
    for about 3 years...
    > thank you minime

Microsoft Windows XP