Low Ink Warning

I'm using a Canon S500 with XP factory loaded on a
Gateway notebook. Whenever I print, I get a message that
I'm low on ink, even though I'm not. Even worse, I get
that message on boot up, even if the printer is off or
disconnected.

I'd like it to just go away. New ink cartridges don't
seem to fix it. Any ideas?

Are you using genuine Canon cartridges?
www.coribright.com

"barfle" <k8b@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> I'm using a Canon S500 with XP factory loaded on a
> Gateway notebook. Whenever I print, I get a message that
> I'm low on ink, even though I'm not. Even worse, I get
> that message on boot up, even if the printer is off or
> disconnected.
>
> I'd like it to just go away. New ink cartridges don't
> seem to fix it. Any ideas?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

uninstall the printer driver then reboot, to see if that stops the error message, then reinstall the printer driver

How do you find out where to read ink levels?

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

Try your printer properties.

JAX

"LilTex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you find out where to read ink levels?

I have a 952 All In One Printer which no matter how many ink cartrides I change will not remove the low ink warning. If only Dell cared or realized that this is going to influence my next purchase and if I cannot get rid of this message it will certainly not be a Dell Printer. I have had enough and the worse part is there isn't anyone to help. So Dell, have a nice life.
ljl0152@windstream.net