Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have received faxes with my computer for over two years
with no problem. Same computer, same modem, same Windows
Home XP.
Now calls are answered, begin to come in but end with an
error in receiving message. I faxed myself from
outside. According to the sending machine the call was
completed, but I had the usual error message at home.
Any ideas?

I am having similar problem with a New Dell 4600i with a
Conexant SmartHSFi V.9x 56K DF PCI modem using Driver
version 6.2.9.1 - and no solution from Dell! Can someone
help?

gpf

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the modem and it works now.

However, the fax console will not allow me to view the faxes. I have to go
to the folder and open the TIF files manually. This is a great irritation.

> [...]

Explain what you mean more clearly.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"GPF" <gpf@mail.com> wrote in message
> I just uninstalled and reinstalled the modem and it works now.
>
> However, the fax console will not allow me to view the faxes. I have to go
> to the folder and open the TIF files manually. This is a great irritation.
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Try changing the associated viewer for tiff files to Microsoft Picture and
Fax Viewer using Tools ->Folder Options in explorer. You should be able to
view the faxes now.