winXP wont let me install fax utility

Soon after installation has started I am requested to insert my Windows CD
into drive E.
This is my CDwriter. Id I change to D drive it says it does not recognizie
that the CD is in and sends a message that it cannot find the following dll
<< fxscfgwz.dll >> Can anyone help me to solve this problem as I would like
to be able to use the fax utility.
1 answer Last reply
More about winxp wont install utility

    When the installation routine is unable to find the necessary installation
    files (even when directed to the appropriate i386 Folder) it usually means
    that the installation files are compressed. This is often the case when the
    files are pre-copied by a manufacturer on the hard drive. If you do a search
    for the files that the installation routine claims are missing (fxsapi.dll
    and fxcfgwz.dll) you won't find them, but you will find fxsapi.dl_ and
    fxcfgwz.dl_ (note than an Underscore character replaces the last letter in
    the filename). These are compressed DLL files and will need to be
    decompressed. Double click on them and you will get a prompt for the file to
    use to open them. Click on BROWSE. and select Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor,
    which is in the system folder. With any luck it will uncompress them all and
    make them visible as DLL files. The install routine still may not find these
    files. If so, then you must manually direct the installation routine to the
    i386 folder that contains these extracted files.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    "Jean-Claude Lépine" <jclepine@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    > Soon after installation has started I am requested to insert my Windows CD
    > into drive E.
    > This is my CDwriter. Id I change to D drive it says it does not recognizie
    > that the CD is in and sends a message that it cannot find the following
    dll
    > << fxscfgwz.dll >> Can anyone help me to solve this problem as I would
    like
    > to be able to use the fax utility.

Fax Microsoft Windows XP