Winfast GeForce2 MX

G

I am running my Winfast Geforce2 MX at 190Mhz and 180Mhz respectively and that's stock... I was wondering, with the standard fan that comes with the leadtek card, what is the max i should clock it to safely? And what would be the advantages if any?

AMD Thunderbird 1100Mhz
Asus A7V
128MB PC133SDRAM
Winfast GeForce2 MX
Win 98

mpjesse

Splendid
I've clocked my GeForce 2 MX all way up to 220mhz with no problems. Remember that the GF2 MX is basically a castrated GF2 GTS w/ SDRAM- so it's capable of high clock speeds. The only real difference in the two is the MX has 2 rendering pipelines, compared to the 4 on the GTS. The memory interface is different too.

-MP Jesse

G

Which bit's clocked to 220? When i clock my RAM higher it artifacts, the RAM is the only thing restricting a GF2 MX and that's coz it's SD like you said. (read my new post and checkout what i did last night!) If i clock the GPU at anything that much higher, it's not going to give me that much of a performance increase. Mainly coz it would mean going up what... 30Mhz... huge jump... not worth it.

Thanks for the advice though. What i'm sorta looking for is the highest someone's clocked their RAM to... and what sorta heatsinks would be good for the ram...

AMD Thunderbird 1100Mhz
Asus A7V
128MB PC133SDRAM
Winfast GeForce2 MX
Win 98

G

Last night, i was attempting to unlock my multipliers so i could stably o'clock my cpu... and i had the mobo out on top of the case and the bare minimum plugged into it (eg. HDD, ATX Power, Vid card, kboard) and when i turned the bastard on it fried two pins on my GF2! I smelt smoke and ripped the power cord out, then the card (it wasn't screwed in) and i thought that i was gonna have a trip to the comp store and fork out another $240AU or so... But tonight, i superglued the pins back down (after ringing the stores that the mobo and vid card came from and being denied my waranty) with some superglue gel and a pin, and plugged it back in when dry... Well suffice to say it works... Coz i am here typing this right now...

The worst thing about the whole ordeal was:
1) i thought i was gonna be broke again
2) i rubbed the lines off my L1's so i wouldn't be accused of overclocking when i took it to the shop, so it was really a bloody waste of my damned time!!!!!

Anyway, post some more messages guys...

AMD Thunderbird 1100Mhz
Asus A7V
128MB PC133SDRAM
Winfast GeForce2 MX
Win 98