Sign in with
Your question

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning lag

Last response: in Video Games
April 2, 2012 11:40:34 PM

Anyone having issues with a lot of lag in this game? Whenever I am moving my character it will be fine for a few seconds, then slows to a crawl. Everything else works fine, just having issues while moving. I have tried messing with the graphic settings, and even tried redownloading it. Currently, I have it mounted to a virtual drive. Graphic card driver up to date.

Shouldn't be my pc. . I would think

- I5 2500k OC 4.5ghz
- 2 GTX 570's SLI
- P67 extreme 4 mobo
- Corsair 850hw
- 8gb G skill ram
- 600gb wd velociraptor HD

More about : kingdoms amalur reckoning lag

April 4, 2012 12:51:22 AM

i played it on my sig system just fine. so my guess would be bad sli support.
try turning off 1 card and playing. if the issue goes away then get in touch with nvidia and ask them to release a new profile and fix in there next driver update...
m
l
April 4, 2012 1:16:52 AM

I tried turning off SLI, and it made no improvements at all. I even turned off the OC, with the same results. I have not the slightest idea what is going on. It almost seems like it would be the cpu since it is more of a console game, but any other game I try works great. :fou: 
m
l
Related resources
April 5, 2012 6:50:24 AM

I ask you how is your internet connection? have you run a speed/ping test? Do you play wireless or by Ethernet?
m
l
April 6, 2012 1:36:44 PM

I had the same problem with the lag. all i did was run the game, press ctrl+alt+del and right click the process for the game and set the affinity for all cores of my cpu. that seems to have fixed it.
m
l
July 16, 2013 5:23:25 PM

If all else fails, try putting a COOLING SYSTEM to your gpu, as it turns out, when your GPU overheats, it tries to cool down by cutting off some features. I made an account just to post this lol... :bounce: 
m
l
!