Is this right? Only 35fps in GTA IV!?

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Well first off I just uninstalled and re-inst. GTA IV. I installed a graphics mod and texture pack, the texture pack is gone but for some gay reason the mod is there. (iCEnhancer 2.0N) I don't mind it but DO NOT want bad FPS because of it. I actually love the mod, look! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p07EWReh2sY

Also I have a i5 2550k @ stock 3.4GHz, should I overclock? I also have a GTX 560 Ti 2GB. Should I OC? Errrr I do NOT understand how on earth I could EVER get 40fps... I would LOVE 60 :) Need more info, just ask!

1addictedplayer

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I think I know your problem.
GTA IV is a game that uses a lot of your CPU, so they recommend you have a Quad Core Processor.
Since you do not have one, it decreases your performance a good bit and I doubt you'll get 60 FPS.
If you get a Quad Core Processor, then you could probably get 60 FPS if not 60 then a big increase in your performance.

So, look into buying a Quad Core Processor if you really want to play GTA IV well.

What are you talking about the i5 2550k is a quad core processor. It is true that GTA IV is very badly optimized, even with a strong quad core performance isn't always smooth. Frankly, hoping for 60FPS solid in GTA IV is unrealistic, even fully patched the game is just too badly optimized for that. Just be thankful you can get playable framerates.

you should pay more attention to your posts not to disgrace yourself like this