LPD Printing to \127.0.0.1

Hi,
When installing the file and print services for unix, it
then sets the printer up to accept lpd commands.

This works great, however...
Unfortunately this lpd service is only connected to the ip
address eg \\196.x.x.x\hp

I need this service to be made available to the localhost
\\127.0.0.1\hp

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
Clinton
Clintonh@ComparexAfrica.co.za
1 answer Last reply
More about printing

    I think you will need to install IIS for that to work.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Clinton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > When installing the file and print services for unix, it
    > then sets the printer up to accept lpd commands.
    >
    > This works great, however...
    > Unfortunately this lpd service is only connected to the ip
    > address eg \\196.x.x.x\hp
    >
    > I need this service to be made available to the localhost
    > \\127.0.0.1\hp
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    > Clinton