G

Don't even think of using the FOP38 unless you don't care about noise. It is loud. You will hear it in other rooms within your home, apartment, whatever. Get the Alpha PAL6035 with the Sunon 30cfm fan. It is fairly quiet, and can cool my 1.2Ghz TBird running at 1370mhz with no problems. www.inflowdirect.com has good choices, prices, and quick shipping. I use them for my cooling needs and have not been let down yet.

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks all. Yeah, I've seen the 38. In fact I have the fan right beside me. On my friends heat sink we took it off and put an ADDA fan on there. About 7 cfm less, but so quiet in compairison, and works very well. Running an 800 t-bird at 1050 and can't get the temp to go above 43. I was just hoping I could buy the same thing and somehow not get the fan with it, but oh well. The alpha looks decent. Does it fit on the Abit board? I know it fits the Asus. Just curious.
Hey- If anyone's interested, I just saw a K7V with a 500 athlon and 256 PC133 on ebay- going around 170.00 I don't need it, but it looks like a good deal and it comes with a big heatsink so you could trash that 500 chip and get something decent.
Thanks again ya'll

ILLEGALISE BULLETS