Where did the unlimted text message feature go??

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have noticed that all the current Verizon national and local plans
don't include any text messages. You must buy a plan or pay as you go.
When did this happen? My current plan from Verizon has unlimited text
messages.

Better check again. I think that ended. I got that with my plan a while back
but it ended. It was only good for a few months.

"Tom" <thall91739-nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have noticed that all the current Verizon national and local plans don't
>include any text messages. You must buy a plan or pay as you go. When did
>this happen? My current plan from Verizon has unlimited text messages.

I had it from an offer about 2 years ago on one phone and I swear it was
supposed to be for a limited time only but it's still on it, even after
upgrading to the new plan - it's listed under enhanced services and isn't
marked free but we've never been billed for it. (she doesn't use enough text
to make it worth buying a package)

"Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
> Better check again. I think that ended. I got that with my plan a while
> back but it ended. It was only good for a few months.
>
> "Tom" <thall91739-nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have noticed that all the current Verizon national and local plans don't
>>include any text messages. You must buy a plan or pay as you go. When did
>>this happen? My current plan from Verizon has unlimited text messages.

Yea, that's when I got it but mine did run out. Your one of the lucky ones I
guess.
I got it on a family plan with my daughter. She is in college and uses it a
lot so I had to get one of the
plans.
"cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>I had it from an offer about 2 years ago on one phone and I swear it was
>supposed to be for a limited time only but it's still on it, even after
>upgrading to the new plan - it's listed under enhanced services and isn't
>marked free but we've never been billed for it. (she doesn't use enough
>text to make it worth buying a package)
>

> "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Better check again. I think that ended. I got that with my plan a while
>> back but it ended. It was only good for a few months.
>>
>> "Tom" <thall91739-nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I have noticed that all the current Verizon national and local plans
>>>don't include any text messages. You must buy a plan or pay as you go.
>>>When did this happen? My current plan from Verizon has unlimited text
>>>messages.

"cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote:

>I had it from an offer about 2 years ago on one phone and I swear it was
>supposed to be for a limited time only but it's still on it, even after
>upgrading to the new plan - it's listed under enhanced services and isn't
>marked free but we've never been billed for it. (she doesn't use enough text
>to make it worth buying a package)

Sort of the same here. I've been paying $2.99 for it - though I think they tried
to claim it was worth $5.99. If that ever changes, I'll drop it.