Want to put together a new system and need advice

G

With 1300 bucks, a cd writer, and a monitor what would u buy for a machine made to run 3dstudio max?

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
are you saying you already have the CDR and monitor or you need the system with it? If you have the monitor and CDR already, you can build a kickass system with $1300. You can get a Tbird 850 with an Abit KT7A or even go DDR with the Asus A7M266. With those boards you could possibly get 1gig out of the TBird. DDR ram is a bit pricy, but with 1300 bucks you can still probably afford 256meg. if you opt for SDRAM, 512meg dimms are only $190 now (good for video stuff). You can also get an GF2 GTS, Pro, or Ultra if you want to get fancy. RAID up to IBM HDs for max file transfer ability. If you need the monitor and writer, then your options are a bit more limitted. In that case, I'd suggest the Abit KT7a-RAID with 256meg, GF2 GTS, 2 45gig IBMs RAIDed. If you have any questions or want more detail, let me know. I don't want to bore you here...:)

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

G

sorry, 3dsmax 4 is available now for a suggested retail price of US $3,495. You bastard!

G

I have 3d studio max but I dont make money with it yet. My point is that I have a hacked version of R3 but I view it as legal because I am not making money with it. It works out for the company and me both because I will eventually request the purchase of max for whatever company I end up working for so they will get their money eventually. So if you would like a hacked version of max r3 then u can get in touch with me. IM name is PGREENPACER1