adding a printer in xp... me too!

I also bought a 2nd hand printer (canon bj-200e bubble
jet) like rk and had the same error message while trying
to install thru 'add new hardware' or 'add printer'.
every time i click on 'add printer' it returns 'specified
port could not be found' or 'operation could not be
completed'.

i also downloaded the latest driver from the canon
website, which is for windows 3.1/95/98/me (xp not
specified), and hoped for the best. it responds from the
command prompt, but from notepad, it asks if i want to
install a printer.

could anyone tell me if there is a way around this, or if
i am wasting my time??

thanx for all replies!

de_goddess located within her yahoo domain.

You CANNOT use a Windows9x driver in XP.

Drivers for the BJC-200 are included in XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293360
www.coribright.com

"the goddess" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I also bought a 2nd hand printer (canon bj-200e bubble
> jet) like rk and had the same error message while trying
> to install thru 'add new hardware' or 'add printer'.
> every time i click on 'add printer' it returns 'specified
> port could not be found' or 'operation could not be
> completed'.
>
> i also downloaded the latest driver from the canon
> website, which is for windows 3.1/95/98/me (xp not
> specified), and hoped for the best. it responds from the
> command prompt, but from notepad, it asks if i want to
> install a printer.
>
> could anyone tell me if there is a way around this, or if
> i am wasting my time??
>
> thanx for all replies!
>
> de_goddess located within her yahoo domain.

TRENDING THREADS