I've got a P3 733EB OC to 805mhz
FSB @ 146
PC800 RDRAM
ASUS P3C-E
Geforce 2 GTS 64mb AGP 4x

I can get it to 830MHZ rock solid accept when I run 3dBENCHMARK 2K
then the PC locks up.
CPU runs at about 42C at full load.

I heard that lowering the AGP bus to 2x instead of 4x would solve my problem.

If this is true...how can I change the setting to 2x??

I've check the manual...and EVERY online resource. and there is no jumper to set to 2x...and the BIOS doesn't have anything to crank the FSB UP but the PCI speed down, which would in turn slow the AGP down to run at it's spec. speed right?

The only limitation right now to OC'ing my system more is the video card. Any suggestions?

Cheers

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
instead of impeding your graphics card performance, why don't you just try to back off a bit on the OCing? Do you really think 10-20MHz will be that noticable out of 800MHz? I wouldn't disable 4x AGP, but if you want to try looking for the AGP setting in the Bios. It might also be in your Graphics card software options.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

G

Thank you for the quick response.

However like I said.

If I could keep the Vid card from crashing out... I'm positive I could get my proc even higher.

I'm kinda upset that the Geforce card don't allow OC'ing very well. I've heard people saying that their vid card is the limiting factor on their system right now. Some have even switched to PCI cards.

I'm just kinda pissed that I hit a wall this early in the OC'ing of this chip.

Cheers

thats because you got the EB version and not the E version which is much more suited for overclocking
if your going to overclock Do Your Homework First most 700E processors will run at 933 with a 133 fsb with everything still in spec the only way to overclock an EB version is to run everything out of spec
you are also pushing the limits of your memory which could be your problem

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rick_Criswell on 02/12/01 07:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>