Can't load drivers for Lexmark X1150, win XP home

I just bought a Lexmark printer X1150 (3 in 1). When
trying to install the software only the scanner installs,
not the printer.
I get the following message;
There was a problem installing this hardware Lexmark
x1100 series.
An error occured during installation.
The specific Module could not be found.

I spent 4 hours on the phone (3 calls) with Lexmark, no
help. I spent 1/2 hour on the phone (2 calls) with Dell,
no help. I was informed that for some reason XP is not
letting the print drivers load. I have tried to install
in several ways, safe mode, unchecked "load startup group
items" in device mgr. still no luck. I am using USB 2.0
as connection, this is the only available way to connect
printer.
Just for kicks I tried to install this printer on
my "old" machine running with win 98SE and everything
loaded perfect so I know it is NOT a software problem.
Lexmark has never encountered this problem and can not
offer any more advice, as well as Dell, other then to buy
a different printer from another mfg.

Are you logged on as an Administrator or User with Admin Rights?

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297780
www.coribright.com

"Ray K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just bought a Lexmark printer X1150 (3 in 1). When
> trying to install the software only the scanner installs,
> not the printer.
> I get the following message;
> There was a problem installing this hardware Lexmark
> x1100 series.
> An error occured during installation.
> The specific Module could not be found.
>
> I spent 4 hours on the phone (3 calls) with Lexmark, no
> help. I spent 1/2 hour on the phone (2 calls) with Dell,
> no help. I was informed that for some reason XP is not
> letting the print drivers load. I have tried to install
> in several ways, safe mode, unchecked "load startup group
> items" in device mgr. still no luck. I am using USB 2.0
> as connection, this is the only available way to connect
> printer.
> Just for kicks I tried to install this printer on
> my "old" machine running with win 98SE and everything
> loaded perfect so I know it is NOT a software problem.
> Lexmark has never encountered this problem and can not
> offer any more advice, as well as Dell, other then to buy
> a different printer from another mfg.

This is a home computer that was not set up for different
users. I have loaded several other programs/software
without any problems.
Please help with this driver problem.
Thank you.

us;297780
>--
>Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging &
Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Ray K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I just bought a Lexmark printer X1150 (3 in 1). When
>> trying to install the software only the scanner
installs,
>> not the printer.
>> I get the following message;
>> There was a problem installing this hardware Lexmark
>> x1100 series.
>> An error occured during installation.
>> The specific Module could not be found.
>>
>> I spent 4 hours on the phone (3 calls) with Lexmark, no
>> help. I spent 1/2 hour on the phone (2 calls) with
Dell,
>> no help. I was informed that for some reason XP is not
>> letting the print drivers load. I have tried to install
>> in several ways, safe mode, unchecked "load startup
group
>> items" in device mgr. still no luck. I am using USB 2.0
>> as connection, this is the only available way to
connect
>> printer.
>> Just for kicks I tried to install this printer on
>> my "old" machine running with win 98SE and everything
>> loaded perfect so I know it is NOT a software problem.
>> Lexmark has never encountered this problem and can not
>> offer any more advice, as well as Dell, other then to
buy
>> a different printer from another mfg.
>

>.

You need to do a COMPLETE uninstall and reinstall.... AND it's a Lexmark...
see Bruce Sanderson's instructions for how to blitz the drivers... and
ensure you take special note of his steps 14 through 16.

Cari