What to Use to Build a Nice Gaming PC

BloodyReaper213

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
Ok, so I'm new here and I would love to get some advice for what I need to buy to build a decent gaming PC. I don't want an over-the-top, hardcore PC, but I would like to build a decent PC that would bring years of gaming and I would love it if I can make it a smaller, more compact PC and light PC.

I would say I'm willing to spend like $500-$800 or maybe a little more (depending if my parents can buy me some parts... doubt it, but never know).

So yeah, just leave helpful tips and advice for building a PC and on what parts to get. If I do get to build one, I'd love to know what games everyone recommends, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
560ti is a 200 dollar card. 6870 can be had for 130 after mib at the moment. Should say 560ti or 6950 1tb :)

Agree there is no reason to look into an AMD cpu build unless very very tight budget constraints (tighter than what you're dealing with OP).

google is your friend on this 1...
google the following separately.
intel i5 2500k cpu
h61 p67 ans z68 motherboards.
intel i3 2100 cpu

nvidia gtx 560ti graphics card
ati radeon 6870 "
ati radeon 6950... "

you can also use the shopping tab to get the prices... when you do get the price list up and you see something along the lines of intel i5 from 150 at 7 stores click on that and it will list all the stores... only buy from stores that have a 4.5-5 star rating with over 1000 reviews... this will ensure your not connecting to a ripoff merchant...

these are just basics. you will also need a case, a power supply unit. storage and media player (hard disk and dvd drive) monitor keyboard mouse and possibly a cpu cooler.
a good case will start from around 50
a decent psu again 50-70 for a single card setup depending on wattage and quality. coolermaster do some grat units for around 50 pounds...
70 ish for a 500-1tb hdd
20 or less for a dvd writer.
monitors go from 80-200 for a cheap 1 to a very nice 1
keyboards 10-110 depending on quality and what its made from (remember gaming accessories can cost up to 30% more just because they have gaming in the title.
mouse. there are some excellent 1s for less than 30 if you know what to buy...
cpu cooler 25-50 but just because its more expensive doesn't mean its better... so pick yer parts and ask specifically about em... coz theres so many options out there you can get lost under a mountain of oo's and ahhhs!!!.

i think cas ment 1 gigbyte for the gfx card not 1tb... coz that would be whooooohaaa!!!

BloodyReaper213

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
Aha, yeah, I forgot about all that crap xD This seems pretty over whelming, but my dad works with computers, so hopefully he can help me a little even though he doesn't game, which probably won't make a difference too much any ways.

BloodyReaper213

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
Oh, also, do you think it would be cheaper to buy a computer from this website?

http://www.avadirect.com/

I'm wanting to get a mini PC, one that is supposedly just as good as a normal PC, but lighter and more portable and smaller. Any thoughts?

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

When I wrote my post, I submitted it and was thinking, "Did I say 1tb for some reason? Nahhhhhhhhhhh." Never went back to check haha. But yes, 1gb 6950.

TRENDING THREADS