Heatsink fan for tbird 1.2

Cinder13

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm getting an amd 1.2 and am interested to know what a good fan/heatsink is for this unit. I will most likely use the chip at its current speed in the near present and thus would like a fan that keeps it cool, with a priority on quietly. Any suggestions appreciated. Right now i'm looking at the Cooler Master DP5-651. Pros and cons on this unit would be greatly appreciated.

G

I have used that cooler/heatsink, and it is not that good. No more than any OEM solution that is. The heatsink I use on my 1.2Ghz, overclocked to a max of 1370mhz, is the ALPHA PAL6035 with the Sunon 30cfm fan. This fan is not loud, and is whisper quiet when compared to the Delta 7000rpm fan on the Global Win FOP38 and Hedgehog Copper unit. The Alpha pulls air through the heatsink compared to blowing through the heatsink as 95% of the other ones do. I use 2 fans on the case to keep it cool inside, because at 1370mhz the heatsink is pulling off large amounts of heat, and without case ventilation the inside of the case and all componenets would be very warm, to say the least.

Cinder13

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
thanks for your help, i went with the alpha with the sunon fan. Good quality and quiet which is what i need. Appreciate it.

G

But quite a few motherboards cannot accomadate for a PEP66, the PAL6035 fit almost all that I know of, and the performance difference in marginable at best for the PEP66.