Default Paper Size Problem

johnf

On a Windows XP computer I have problems with non
printable areas at the top and bottom of printouts to an
HP Laserjet 4 plus using Micrsoft Word 97. I have set the
default paper sizes to A4 in the Control Panel, Printers
area and the default paper size in Word is A4 but in Word
when I go to File, Print and check the properties of the
HP printer I go back to Letter size paper at the start of
a new session. I do not have a problem with the printing
on the computers running Windows 98 but this is causing a
large non printable area at the top and bottom of the
pages printed on the Windows XP machine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
..

Hi,
I guess I have the same unsolved problem. I have to remove
the unprintable area from the page setup. This was easy
when I had Windows 98. But now I can't find anywhere
the "unprintable area" button in setup.
If someone forwards the solution for you, would you be
kind enough to send it to me ?
My mail is : sgachkar(removethis)@hotmail.com
Thank you
Solange