Quicken 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian16

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
I followed the installation guide given to marghurita earlier, and appear to have successfully installed Quicken 2004. However it wants me to enter the product key, which apparently was printed on the box, which must have gone out years ago.

Is it possible to retrieve the key from the existing installation, or is there a way of bypassing the request?

Ian16

fjiekie

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
- you have installed it with no key and now you want to retrieve the key?: you were probably using a trial and now you have to give the key(no key on the box? get a new box from the shop)

-"or is there a way of bypassing the request?" => this is called hacking/cracking and is illegal, don't ask for that here!

Ian16

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
No, you've misunderstood - my existing version was properly installed (and paid for!) on my old computer. I am just trying to re-install it on my new machine. I don't have record of the key any more.

Lost_21

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Hi there i got the same problem i had an old computer with my quicken 2004 on it and i got an upgrade and i had to reload tried to install my quicken again and now its asking for an Key witch i have and have entered 100x times just does not let you use it and when u try and update online its all ways error 220

Sandhillsam

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Quicken 2004 is not supported on Windows 7. Upgrade to a newer version or try here http://qlc.intuit.com/app/.
Quicken 2004 wil work with windows 7 64 bit. I have it running on my machine. Have to set up in compatibility mode to install quicken.You have to jump through a few hoops but it will work. Go to quicken web site and follow instructions for work around using an imulation drive for printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.