Help! Multiplier only allows whole #'s (8, 9, 10)

G

Penciled my T-Bird 1GHz carefully with a thin lead pencil. No overlapping marks. The CPU is now unlocked, but the multiplier only changes at whole numbers. If I select 7.5, it will boot with a 7. If I select 8.5, it boots with 8.

Using the Abit KT7A-RAID with bios WW. Do I need to redo the pencil trick, or might there be something else I should be aware of?

G

nope you missed one of the L1's by the sound of it. Redo it with the pencil or better yet defogger kit. Take your time...

G

I suspect I should test to see if, when done properly, the CPU functions correctly with the graphite before I use something more permanent.

Can you point me to where I can get a defogger? Not quite sure what this is, although I keep hearing about it here. What about a conductive pen, and where would I get one of those?

G

The defogger kit everyone refers to is a repair kit for a automotive rear window defogger, the little lines running horizontally across the back window. These lines are basically electrical wires, and can be broken easily, so the repair kit connects the lines, wires, back together.

TRENDING THREADS