" Not associated"

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 13, 2005 1:47:04 AM

I just converted to wireless. Linksys router G with speedbooster ( sure )
with a wireless Linksys internal PC card.

It is working , I am on it now. I see that it is " not
associated",,,,,,,,,what the heck is that? Do I need to fix that?

PS . signal is low.........disappointing range.......300 feet my ass.

More about : question

September 14, 2005 5:42:16 AM

Not Associated ususally refers to a SSID or wireless network that has MAC
filtering enabled, and your NIC or adapter is not one of those that it
accepts or allow to "assocaite".

So its possible you arenot connected to your desired own network, but in
fact to someone else' network at a distance. Hence your signal may be very
low.

Just my guess. Hope it helps.

!