" Not associated"

I just converted to wireless. Linksys router G with speedbooster ( sure )
with a wireless Linksys internal PC card.

It is working , I am on it now. I see that it is " not
associated",,,,,,,,,what the heck is that? Do I need to fix that?

PS . signal is low.........disappointing range.......300 feet my ass.
1 answer Last reply
More about associated

    Not Associated ususally refers to a SSID or wireless network that has MAC
    filtering enabled, and your NIC or adapter is not one of those that it
    accepts or allow to "assocaite".

    So its possible you arenot connected to your desired own network, but in
    fact to someone else' network at a distance. Hence your signal may be very
    low.

    Just my guess. Hope it helps.

    "Anom" <nowayjose@guess.com> wrote in message
    > I just converted to wireless. Linksys router G with speedbooster ( sure )
    > with a wireless Linksys internal PC card.
    >
    > It is working , I am on it now. I see that it is " not
    > associated",,,,,,,,,what the heck is that? Do I need to fix that?
    >
    > PS . signal is low.........disappointing range.......300 feet my ass.

Wireless Linksys Internet Wireless Networking