Need a simple answer about print logs

This one seems like a no-brainer but I just can't find an answer. How
do you set up windows xp to log everything thats printed? I just want
a simple print log to show what the file was, size and date...

This shouldn't be complicated....or should it?
1 answer Last reply
More about need simple answer print logs

    the logging of print jobs is written to the system event log. To enable
    this you will need to open the printers folder / File / Server Properties /
    enable Logging of informational events

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "nomad2224" <pebble2224@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > This one seems like a no-brainer but I just can't find an answer. How
    > do you set up windows xp to log everything thats printed? I just want
    > a simple print log to show what the file was, size and date...
    >
    > This shouldn't be complicated....or should it?

Fax Microsoft Windows XP