about ASUS CUV4X-D mainboard

G

Hi,
I will config a computer on my own, while there are something I am not very clear.
I plan to buy the above mentioned mainboard, ASUS CUV4X-D, but I am not sure whether I can use INTEL Celeron 800MHZ with 100MHZ bus on it. If you know, please tell me. Meanwhile I also want to know if I can overclock Inter Celeron 800MHZ to 900MHZ or higher by using ASUS CUV4X-D mainboard.

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You will be able to use the 800 celeron on that board but you can only use one (cel not smp enabled). As for the overclockin you should have some good options in the bios but how far the cel will go is another question.

SANDMAN

G

Thanks.
I guess that I can use two Intel P3 processors at the same time and overclock both of them, can't I? If it is also hard to overclock them?

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can do it that way best thing to do though is to test the cpu's one at a time for highest overclock then go with what you got (one pIII goes to 1g but other goes to 950 set both to 950).

SANDMAN

G

Hi, guys
Thank you for your help.
I ordered the mainboard I mentioned above and will book cpu within a few days.Hopefully, I can overclock them.