laptop button mouse

avianrr

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2005
Since I have horrible luck with touch pads. And really hate useing them. I've been trying to find a laptop that has a button mouse. So far the only ones I can find are Thinkpad's. Does anyone know of any others?

Halberd388

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
Aye, older Dell Latitudes (C series and first gen D series) have a trackstick (red dot as it's known to IBM users) however all newer Dell systems have discontinued the use of the trackstick.

I suggest a micro-mouse, corded or cordless, that is close to the same width (depending on your hand size) as a standard mouse. I can't stand a touchpad either, but I can't leave my house with my system without my micro-mouse.

If you do buy one take into consideration what you use it for BEFORE you buy be it document work, gaming or imaging editing. If you perform just office work, a standard 15 USD logitech notebook mouse will work great; if you game I suggest moving yourself up to a laser notebook mouse like the logitech V400 (it comes in orange and slate).

I don't work for logitech, but I've used nothing but logitech periphs for years and never had a single one break.

Your Friendly Government Dell Tech,
J.E.
DellTech Rep ID - 172946

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't work for any, and I've used not every (Microsoft, Logitech, Belking...) periphs for years and came to a conclusion that MS stuff is the most comphertabel, Logitech the ok one (I would say not really comfy at all), and Belking is in the middle of them.

For the laptop I am using MX510 for games and MS Notebook Wireless the rest of the time.

PS: practically track point on IBM laptops (stick, erazer, pump, etc..) is more accarate and easier to operate with than any pad created yet. I don't even move my hands off the keyboard to do stuff and that's a must for lazee peepel like meself.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...