Closed

Photo printing wizard - filled with unwanted pics/images

When I open photo printing wizard to print an email
attachment (picture or fax attachment) I find the wizard
jammed with hundreds of pictures - 1300 at last count -
which takes more than 5 minutes to load. Where do these
come from, why does the wizard load them (the most
troubling question for me), and how do I delete them?
5 answers Last reply
More about photo printing wizard filled unwanted pics images

    You're seeing temp files that are in your Temporary Internet Files folder.
    Right click one of the unwanted images and go to 'Properties|Location';
    you'll see the path to the image. Running Disk Cleanup or clearing your
    Temporary Internet Files folder should clear it up.

    Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Disk Cleanup.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC NBC-IN

    "Clark Stanton" <stanc01@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When I open photo printing wizard to print an email
    > attachment (picture or fax attachment) I find the wizard
    > jammed with hundreds of pictures - 1300 at last count -
    > which takes more than 5 minutes to load. Where do these
    > come from, why does the wizard load them (the most
    > troubling question for me), and how do I delete them?

    Thanks - but why does it load images from the Temp
    internet files folder? And is there not some way to stop
    it from doing so?

    Are you saying that you seriously can't figure this out
    for yourself? Your computer has to store a copy of the
    image you want to print. That's what a temporary internet
    file *is*. So when the photo printing wizard opens, it
    looks in the folder where the file to be printed is (duh).
    In that folder are all of the other image files that you
    have neglected to clean out. You can stop the behavior in
    one of two ways: Clean up the TIF folders, or save the
    file you want to print to a location where there aren't
    1300 other image files before you try to print it.
  4. Hi Anonymous,
    Have an issue with emails in that a particular picture attaches itself to received and sent Emails automatically. It is always seen as picture 2 and although the Internet TMP cache has been cleared some time ago it now reappears and attaches itself to new emails sent or received. Apart from deleting this photo [jpg] from my computer is there any other fix that you know of.
    With thanks,
    KH

    Quote:

  5. Necropost.