faxing

April 28, 2004 1:06:43 PM

When I try to fax direct from an application I get the
message " managed MAPI service catastrophic failure".
If I click OK until the message goes away it will let me
fax. I'm using my contact list in Outlook.

More about : faxing

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 10:31:19 PM

Provide relevant details.
Include: Outlook version, Fax version, steps used to fax, where fax numbers
reside.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to fax direct from an application I get the
> message " managed MAPI service catastrophic failure".
> If I click OK until the message goes away it will let me
> fax. I'm using my contact list in Outlook.
April 28, 2004 10:31:20 PM

I'm using win xp pro ver 5.1.2600 sp1
Outlook 2003 v 11.5608.5703
fax console v 5.1

I don't know the actual physical location of my contact
file.

When I want to fax I change the printer name to Fax and
click OK, then the fax wizard pops up. When I choose a
name from my contacts I receive the error message. If I
click OK 4 or 5 times the message goes away and I can
continue with the fax wizard and complete the fax.

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 12:54:43 AM

There is more to this story.
Clean install or upgrade of your operating system and Office version?
What are your default mail and Contact programs?
Precise steps used to fax and from what application?

--

!