Sign in with
Your question

Blackfoot Studio's Ground Branch

Last response: in Video Games
April 5, 2012 9:45:17 PM

Hello

First, would like to ask permission from Admins, to post new/ up and coming games?

advance thanks
April 6, 2012 12:09:34 AM

Hi :) 

PM an admin....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
April 6, 2012 12:59:26 AM

thanks

I can't find who the admin(s) are, so I'll just post.
Admins, if this break any rule(s) please delete this post then.

2008:
just an informal invitation to all about a game being developed by Blackfoot Studios, called Ground Branch.

So in behalf of John, here is his formal invitation

I would like to personally welcome you all to the BlackFoot Studios forums. We, as a studio, are dedicated to the absolute best in squad based tactical gaming. We have been in business since late 2004, concentrating on outsourcing art and programming work to various clients... Some fairly well known.

It is our opinion that the tactical gaming market has become fragmented and there is currently a void to be filled. We are dedicated to filling that void with the style of games that many would call "classic" tactical squad based gaming. There is still a huge market for this style of game and BlackFoot Studios is in a great position to capitalize on it.

BlackFoot Studios was founded on very specific principals on game design, level design and what makes a compelling, realistic and fun experience. We will put those principles into practice over the coming months on our initial project. Hopefully we can take the wraps off this project soon.

Until then, enjoy the forums and keep an eye out for more information relating to the studio and what we are up to.

-John Sonedecker
President/Owner BlackFoot Studios

shortcut to April 2012
just brushing off some cobwebs

FAQs

join in, and tell them, the good Cpl Ledanek sent you :up:
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 11, 2012 3:01:08 AM

FLASH

10CLEAR G10917Z APR10 SECRET BT

ALL STATIONS THIS NET BE ADVISED INTELLIGENCE TRAFFIC INBOUND. PENETRATION OF FRIENDLY COMMUNICATIONS IMMINENT.

ALL STATIONS THIS NET BE ADVISED TRANSMISSIONS FRAGMENTED DUE TO FIELD COMMO EQUIP MALFUNCTION, REPOSITIONING OF COMMO TRAFFIC PATTERN WILL COMMENCE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

ALL STATIONS THIS NET BE ADVISED REPOSITION COMMO CHANNEL TO WWW.GROUNDBRANCH.COM.

STAND BY FOR FURTHER INTEL TRANSMISSIONS TO ALL STATIONS ON NEW CHANNEL

NEGATIVE FURTHER. BTAR

CLASSIFICATION: SECRET

CAVEATS: NONE
m
l
June 2, 2012 12:32:03 PM

Creator of the original Ghost Recon? I'm in! :bounce: 
m
l
June 4, 2012 5:42:24 PM

BACKERS
$20,750
PLEDGED OF $425,000 GOAL
32 days to go....keep spreading the word please
m
l
June 10, 2012 2:55:12 AM

Looking forward to this title. We have been without a realistic/tactical shooter for many years (save for ArmA, though it lacks in many areas). It is a shame big companies won't pick up the genre anymore and instead make BF/MoH/CoD/Halo type shooters exclusively.

m
l
June 14, 2012 2:30:19 PM

Backers
$41,669
pledged of $425,000 goal
days to go
m
l
June 18, 2012 4:11:48 AM

I sit at home playing GR & Heroes Unleashed Mod....since 2001, I've been looking for a game that combines, GR and R6.

MOH SP was the last game that i rode like rollercoaster, mainly due to the books that supports the storylines.
Game wise, it doesn't reflect the Tactical Gaming that GR & R6 provided.

Since 2001, no FPS game has ever got closed.

Now that there is an alternative studio with a track record/history/true background from both games, its not a hard decision to back this studio up.

And the studio is already built....past tense. No need to do a fund raising on that issue.
As a matter of fact, there is a pre-alpha as seen on the video.

If you look at yourself in the mirror and call yourself a Tactical Gamer or tell your co-workers or friends you are, then THIS game is YOU.

This IS you.

This game was built around YOU.
This game was not designed and built at some foreign country where you come log-on the internet so you can come to THEM.

It was built, for you to use your mind and not hop on a Roller Coaster.
Atari made a game called Roller Coaster Tycoon... if that is how you like your game.

It was designed because you game using TACTICS. STRATEGY. LOGISTICS.

This game was built (past tense) by a developer who help designed the two games you LOOOOOVE.

He spent HIS OWN MONEY in a very tight economy so you have an alternative to FPS roller coaster gaming.

Now he is asking YOU to HELP, release this game.
Now he is asking YOU to SUPPORT and spread the word out, that TACTICAL GAMING is BACK in the FPS genre
Now he is asking YOU, the FPS TACTICAL Community, to step up and be heard. Be heard that YOU, the THINKING-MAN FPS, the TACTICAL gamer is DONE giving away $60 to a Roller Coaster Michael Bay arcade game.

Now he is asking YOU, to stop working DOUBLE SHIFTS so you can throw your HARD EARNED $60 game that will CON you to spending ANOTHER $10 ADDITIONAL CONTENTS, that may or may not be already in the DISC!

Why?

Because Ground Branch will now be in the hands of a MODDING COMMUNITY!

When was the last time COD allowed YOU the PAID (past tense) customer to mod YOUR GAME?

Now is the time to be heard from the BIG COMPANIES, we are DONE working DOUBLE SHIFTS just to give them $60.

SUPPORT
SPREAD THE WORD

get your Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six ...BACK!!!
m
l
July 14, 2012 1:50:53 AM

so, unfortunate that the KS did not reach enough Tactical FPS players.
everyday, ever since the conclusion of the KS, new members are posting that they heard this news too late and it wasn't marketed properly/wisely.... don't blame the two guys trying to give our dream game. There's only so much two ppl can do, specially when marketing is not their specialty.

Anyway, they need help with some survey that may help market this properly.

It's only 6 questions.... http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8JWQGPP

please DO PASS this survey around.
again, advance thanks
m
l
May 25, 2013 7:15:38 AM

Due to a dose of Real Life™, I did not have it in me to do updates or socialize much in the past few weeks. Thankfully, things have a progressed and much of the stress is gone.

On the bright side, one way I deal with stress is to distract myself by coding… a lot. I’ve done everything from updating more loadout and UI related code (booo!) to gametypes and AI (woohoo!).

As a result, you can run around with a custom loadout in a round based gametype firing off rounds in the distance and watch the bullets trajectory traced out by a debug line. It is not with out its issues (see image below) but is a great feeling to finally be shooting again.

update
m
l
!