Hori Fighting Stick VX (Xbox 360) on PC?

joo-hyun

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
d_9_11.jpg

Hori Fighting Stick VX
I want to buy this fighting stick but it's £60, I'd be far more convinced buying this if it worked on the PC as well. It connects via USB but I'm not sure whether it works on the PC.
Anyone know whether it works on the PC?

smokincola

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Seeing online that the V3 version apparently works under windows 7, not sure what the difference is. I know that xbox 360 (wired) controllers definitely work (I have two plugged into my PC at the moment). I think you might find that windows can use the controller but that if it has any 'extra' functions above those of a normal 360 pad that they might not work without a driver. I think the manufacturer's own forums would be a good place to look for better info

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
The Hori Fightstick VX is not built with Sanwa parts. It doesn't function nearly as well as the rest of their line.

It will work with PC but be prepared to learn how to replace the stick and buttons with better parts. Personally I would recommend the Hori RAP VX SA http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874179007 as soon as they get them back in stock. The price is reasonable for what it is (full sanwa components), and you will not have to be bothered with learning how to replace individual parts to get a properly functioning stick.

The HRAP VX SA is probably the best all around deal in the fightstick market at the moment. The only other stick worth using is a Madcatz TE stick, which is significantly more expensive but uses the exact same stick and buttons as the VX SA.

This is another good deal (for this week 40% off) http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Xbox-360-Soulcalibur-Arcade-Stick/dp/B006TC57WO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333772734&sr=8-3 The button layout is a little different but it's a great quality stick.

rpg_poser

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Casual is pretty much on the money, but since I play shooters more than fighters (raiden instead of street fighter), I would replace the original stick and buttons with Seimitsu rather than Sanwa.
I used to order my parts from lizardlick, but have seen some bad reviews from them recently. Not so sure where to go to now.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Amazon's actually a good supplier for SA and SE parts these days. They have their own stock as well as a few licensed through them.

Good call though. I should have asked if he was going to use it for fighters or overhead fliers. Sanwa is not the business for Raiden, that's for sure lol.

rpg_poser

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012

I talk a good talk, but you should see my controller... it's a heavily (and heavy) modified quasicon 1p modded with a seimitsu stick. It's at least 10 years old, but I can't break it. Not that I would be allowed to replace it, that would require wife buy-in.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
OP Note: I updated an above post with the correct link to the 40% off X-box 360 version of the Hori SC5 stick. You may know this already, but only xbox controllers (and sticks) will function directly with PC.