Athlon Thunderbird

G

I am having trouble overclocking my thunderbird 900 I have uunlocked the l1 bridges with metalic paint but when I set my mother board to any thing but 900 it either wont boot or resets to the defualt speed, I cant evan up the FSB to 102 Mhz with out windows crashing I think i may have a crappy mother board it sayes it will go up to 133 fsb but it cant evan handle 102 fsb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Athlon thunderbird 900
QDI Kinetiz 7T motherborad with VIA 4.28 drivers
256MB pc 133 ram

G

I would take a hammer to that mobo. ASUS, abit, msi...the only way to go. (notice the caps)

G

Come on, QDI kicks a$$. My mobo is a QDI Titanium 1b+. I can run my Pentium MMX 200 @ 250 with 83 Mhz bus. And please note it is a socket 7 mobo, not a super 7.

QDI stands for Quality, Design, Innovation - That's what they do.

QDI invented jumperless setup with their SpeedEasy system.

All the computers in my university have QDI mobos, I have been able to overclock all the 300A celerons on QDI Legend V mobos, and running ram on these @ cas2, with default voltage- great for playing quake2 instead of studying. I have also overclocked a PIII 400 @ 558 in a QDI Apollo Pro mobo without any problem.

I have asked their TS for advice not related to any problem, and I received very detailed explanations.

The brand is rather unknown, but it is quite good. Have a look at this review of my mobo at Anandtech, and read the intro:

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=78&p=1" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=78&p=1</A>

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST

G

Quick (to) Demolish It...qdi... I think it's pretty sad if it's only rated to do 133 on fsb, when pretty much all others are doin' at least 200 for socket A. I would also have to guess that the L1 bridges on the cpu are not bridged correctly or at all (they are pretty hard to see). When you are in you're bios can U adjust the multiplier at all?(If it's jumperless) Or is it dimmed out? if you can't adjust it in bios, then the mobo can't see that the chip can accomplish that speed. If it was poor voltage (not enough) you will still be able to select higher multiplier's but when you tried to run you're comp it will crash..not boot..whatever.

How *YOU* can use you're shower as a cooling device

Diemos

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It sounds like a crappy mobo. I remember the first slotA mobo from them, it was a total piece of crap. Replace it if you can and get an ASUS. I run my 1000mhz at 1210 (11x110) and I've only started to oc it. I'm watching a DVD and runin Prime95 as we speak. Either your proc isn't modded right or the mobo is a piece of crap, sorry. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out, Laterz.

"I yam what I yam!"

G

Your mobo supports 100 Mhz DDR bus = 200 Mhz.

In some cases 102 Mhz DDR = 204 is too much for the KT133 chipset.

The mobo may have the option to run at 133 FSB, but its chipset doesn't support this speed, this happens with ALL the KT133 bios.

A 18 mhz increase in speed does not require increasing voltage at all.

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST